We love grilling in our family. No dishes to wash, easy prep, quick cooking time. Weeknights are prime for tossing stuff out on the grill. This is a perfect meal year-round in California, but Juan has found himself shivvering out on the back deck braving the snow and ice of St. Louis winters. This meal is so easy that it’s worth braving the cold!
It’s really one of those I-can’t-believe-this-is-actually-a-recipe things because it’s so easy, but since it is in our rotation pretty regularly I thought it would be nice to include it.
Quick Asian Marinated Flank Steak
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 10 mintues
Serves: 2 adults, 1 small child, and a baby with leftovers
- 2 lbs Flank Steak (more or less depending on how much your family eats)
- Enough Trader Joe’s Soyaki sauce to cover the meat, about 1/2 Cup
- Pour sauce over meat and allow to marinade for 15 minutes or longer as desired.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill meat for 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest 2-3 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve.
I always make sure we grill enough meat for plenty of leftovers. Once it’s prepared, it’s a fantastic go-to if you don’t quite know what you want to eat. It’s good cold on tortillas for a quick taco, and it’s fantastic over salads for easy lunches. I love versatile meals like that!